Tabbed browsing: Just doesn't compute

SledgeProne

My current irritant, and reason for this post, is pictured in the attached jpeg file.

A small scroller, presumably associated with Tabs, recently set up shop on my taskbar, and ever since has been making a mess of things.

Because of this scroller, open windows and applications are less noticable, more difficult to access, and for the last few days, I've been closing them via task mannager. Apparently designed to hide the clutter near the sys tray, It simply sweeps them under the rug. Today I found tabs still open from 3 days ago.
My question is, how do I get rid of this scroller, and back to the large buttons, that previously lined up down the taskbar, representing each page or window currently open?

IE Explorer 7 w/ XPpro

Thanks for any assistance with this.

Attachments

• scroller.jpg
    scroller.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 8
1 Possible fix : You could try right clicking your taskbar, choose properties, under the taskbar tab uncheck "Group similar taskbar buttons". Then click apply and ok.

Another possible fix is : Right click the taskbar and unlock. Then move the right vertical bar as far to the left as possible but not so far as to remove any icons there. Then relock the taskbar.

Or if they dont work there might be a fix here but it does involve the using the registry ... Reg Fix

Fix #2 resolved the issue. I did exactly what it stated, and nothing more.

Those same insideous vertical bars were responsible for getting me into this mess as I recall a few days ago, a small twitch with the mouse, had pulled the taskbar into two, double bars.

After nearly 10 minutes of pulling, right clicking ,splitting, tweaking, and dividing things, I knew the bars and icons had become so tangled up, I would never untie them with these polarized vertical bars fighting my every attempt. So I sought out a microsoft fix, and reset the taskbar to default, and I'm convinced thats when the scrollers first appeared.

The MS fix succeeded in removing the 2nd taskbar and untying the hellish knot, but left the two shoelaces (the vertical bars) split wide, causing the scrollers to appear.

MS apparently left it to me to cinch everything up ( as your as your fix narrowly instructs) pulling the shoelaces taut, to re-tie them.

I'm gonna save it in a folder alongside the MS fix, for if it ever happens again, and thank you again!

That's good to hear then.

At least i know what to do if i ever come across it.

No probs :)

Back