Tablet screen clicks on stuff when I close it

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyromaster114

Okay, so I have a Toshiba M700 tablet.
Ever since I got it, if i close the display when its not in standby, the mouse pointer moves around, as if its detecting the Wacom Stylus, and selects stuff, clicks on it, etc.

It doesn't do it if I turn the display around to put it in tablet form, so it doesn't affect operation much, but if I do close it and walk away, it tends to get annoying if i close it and walk away for a minute.

Mind you, if i disable the tablet sensors, via the device manager, it doesn't do this, so its not a virus, remote desktop, etc.

It changes to the cursor that it uses (that little cross-hair-ish dot thing) for the Wacom Stylus, so its detecting some sort of radio interference from something and that's registering as clicks and movement. Wondering if anyone has any ideas on this.

No, actually.
I've determined that apparently, something from the inside of the laptop (probably the hard disk drive... on account of that it's another magnetic device... ) is interfering with the Wacom sensor.
I've determined that this is probably not noticed by anyone else, assuming its a defect across models, not just mine, because when i close the computer, mine DOESN'T go into standby, cause I don't have it set that way, so I actually notice if it receives interference because it's still on when closed. In tablet mode, this is not an issue, as for some reason, probably due to the back plate of the LCD or something.

The only thing I've been able to do, is write a software fix for this.
I have the sensor turned off by default. (Disabled the Wacom Device in the Device Manager).
When I put the thing in tablet mode, I have a batch file mapped to a front button that turns the Wacom device on. When I hit the button, it runs the batch file, and activates the sensor. When I'm ready to use it like a normal laptop again, I hit another button on the front, and it disables the sensor again.

This effectively solves the problem, however, it'd be nice if I didn't have to use batch files and manual settings to overcome such an annoying thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back