Take Two delays BioShock 2 and others

By Justin
Jul 14, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Without being too specific, blockbuster publisher Take-Two made it clear today that several of their upcoming titles would be faced with delays in the coming year. Major titles including BioShock 2, Mafia 2, Max Payne 3 and Red Dead Redemption were all listed as having their specific launch windows pushed back, for a variety of reasons.

Read the whole story
  2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,328   +376

CRAP!! Some of those were my future Christmas gifts to myself. Oh well - I'd rather them get it right then release an unfinished product.
  3. I agree I would rather them have more time than rush a title, just don't want them to do a Duke Nukem on us, lol.
  4. Vrmithrax

Vrmithrax TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,285   +232

Indeed... It's nice to see a company that is putting quality before the profiteering "just shove the crap out for the Christmas rush, we can patch it later" mentality that many have had lately.

Of course, it's cross-platform, so patching would be a serious issue on the console side...
  5. tengeta

tengeta TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 632

I'd say waiting is good, but these days we end up having to wait 6 months more for a STILL unfinished product. Don't know what kool-aid you guys drink to keep your hype up like that.

Screw you, Take Two.
  6. Twister123

Twister123 Newcomer, in training Posts: 219

omg , I was so looking foward to those , just finished call of juarez 2 ,giving me even more of a hunger for red dead and I've been looking foward to bioshock2 since bioshock 1 and mafia 2 has been in the pipeline for ages , its nearly folklore like L.A. Noire , did 2K make the last bioshock anyone know ?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.