TechSpot

Task manager has been disabled...

1. Hi all. Im having some troubles. One of my HDD is blank, and by that i mean if i go start>my computer>samsungHDD(C:) the folder is empty! My documents is empty, my pictyres,favorites,no desktop icons or background picture,etc... i can not use anything!
    If i go start>control panel>administrative tools, nothing! If i try and open the TASK MANAGER i get the message"task manager disabled by administrator".?
    I am able to access my older HDD and use it for now but have noticed IE8 is behaving like its full of viruses/spyware, im constantly being redirected!
    Im currently going to update and run all my AV software and try system restore? Any other advise guys?
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,844   +165

You probably have a serious spyware or malware infection. My advice would be to format the hard drive and reinstall Windows fresh. You could post a message here:
    Virus & Malware Removal and see if they can salvage your computer without having to format

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.