Task manager help

By Drexloat
Nov 22, 2006
  1. Hello all, i am having problems opening up my task manager. i have tried all avaliable commands and the path itself..i still cannot acess it.. if any of you could help me it would be great...thanks

P.S. if any of you need it here is my Hijack This log attached
  2. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,273

I see you have Norten =P
  3. N-Guy

N-Guy TS Rookie Posts: 105

Have you tried System Restore to return to a working point?
  4. Drexloat

Drexloat TS Rookie Topic Starter

yes i have but it said that it was unable to....also i completely purged my computer of all virus and ad-ware that i could find....also i should tell you that i can acess it in safe-mode under the same user. Also i am the admin so i can not be blocked....
  5. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have moved your thread to our security and the web forum. That`s because your system is infected with a variety of nasties and this is probably what`s causing your task manager problems.

Go and read the Trojan Pakes and other nasties preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post a fresh renamed HJT log and an AVG Antispyware log as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Drexloat only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.