TechSpot

Task Manager: iexplorer.exe *32, chrome.exe *32 and many others

Inactive
By AkbarGul
Apr 20, 2012
  1. I'm having huge trouble with this at first it starte dout just showing iexplorer.exe *32 and i thought nothing of it as it was lagging my computer to the extreme cpu usage was hitting 100% and ram was hitting 80% (8gbs of ram)

I turned my computer off a few times by holding down my poewr button for 6 seconds and this just improved it until i logged in and about an hour into use it would start again, when i opened up taskmanager to check what it was i noticed that regular chrome.exe didnt have the "*" so alarm bells rang and i tried ending all of thier process trees and setting them to low priority while i looked for a solution.

I have found this forum read through the whole 5 step guide downloaded all that i need except for the DDS by sUBs which just kept going to a blank page without a dl.

im currently running scans now and they're taking forever, im guessing this is somesort of trojan, even though i have downloaded nothing harmful i would just like to get rid of this and would love it if someone could help me out.

My avast scan is currently at 59% and im afraid i'm going to have to stop it and carry it on in the morning and my malware bytes has detected 1 threat while avast has detected 3.

If anyone out there is willing to help this poor lad out then please do, my last computer was trashed by a scumbag repair man when i took it to him, he did nothing but erase everything from it and reinstall windows and then the problem persisted some how lol.

TL;DR:
    Some sort of trojan in my rootkit or some XXXX (Language deleted) taskmanager showing various programs with "*32" at the end of them and need someone to help pl0xx

2. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +36

I'll be glad to help you after I see the logs.

Please explain more clearly the problem with DDS. . It would be best if you don't scan with Avast while I'm helping you.
    ============================================
    My Guidelines: please read and follow:
    • Be patient. Malware cleaning takes time. I am also working with other members while I am helping you.
    • Read my instructions carefully. If you don't understand or have a problem, ask me. Follow the order of the tasks I give you. Order is crucial in cleaning process.
    • If you have questions, or if a program doesn't work, stop and tell me about it. Don't try to get around it yourself.
    • File sharing programs should be uninstalled or disabled during the cleaning process..
    • Observe these:
      [o] Don't follow directions given to someone else
      [o] Don't use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you.
      [o] Don't use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.
      [o] Don't download and install new programs- except those I give you.
    Threads are closed after 5 days if there is no reply.
    ===================================================
    Pleas watch your language.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.