Task manager is disabled by administrator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

imssystems

whenever i press control , alter and delete i get the message saying " task manager is disabled by the administrator. what could be the reason? i can not stop the process i want to due to this and when i went to my client's place to solve this problem , i could not.i know its due to some virus, but i could not find any virus. even when i scanned it with avast after updating.. anyo/ne is having solution to this problem>?

how can administrator enable it? its logged in as administrator and it has been disabled only after virus infections which i removed after updating and scanning with avast.

This error is caused if the DisableTaskMgr restriction is enabled. If this restriction was enabled in your system without you doing anything or without your knowledge, then it's highly likely that a Virus has blocked the usage of Task Manager in your system by enabling the DisableTaskMgr policy via the registry.

To enable Task Manager, try one of these methods:-You can try using Method 1,2 or 3 on the following site:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Taskmanager_error.htm

Just in case it was disabled accidentally by user and not virus.

Bobeye is correct a malicous program could have disabled it. If what he suggests doesn't work post back and i will post a program or the link to which will enable it when i get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back