Task manager missing all tabs

By Luna M
May 13, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Sometime in the last week or so, something occurred that caused me to lose all tabs in my task manager. I use task manager a lot, so this is a major inconvenience. I tried a system restore to three months ago, when I know task manager was working normally, but this did not fix the problem.

Maybe I'm missing something stupid, here. Is this Windows corruption, or did I somehow accidentally turn all the task manager tabs off?

A screenshot is attached to show you what the problem looks like. I did not crop the image: that is a clean Alt + PrintScreen of task manager. That is all I see when I pull task manager up. Please excuse the dark coloring, that is normal (for me) as I work in a dark environment.

Ideas? My Google-fu is weak on this problem.

Attached Files:

2. ruready2

ruready2 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 219

What version of Windows are you running? If you are running Xp click HERE and try this solution.
  3. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,272   +258

Double click the top portion of the taskman - where it's grey.
  4. mike1959

mike1959 TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,033   +15

5. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,358   +167

fyi tip: If you use task manager a lot you should also checkout Process Explorer. I like it a lot. It's task manager on steroids! It does everything task manager does and much, much more
  6. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,419   +281

This is the right answer.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.