Task Manager Not Working!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

This is my first time on this board to post a comment. I have been having a major problem when trying to run Task Manager, as it just doesn't run! My hard disk is thrashing away so i am convinced its a worm that isn't being picked up by my virus scanner. I've read over some of the other threads in here, and tried some of the answers but it still wont work. Any ideas? Here is my HJ log (incidently, i have read in places that HJ has to be in a particular file directory, is this true?)

Thank you in advance for all your help.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

SpywareBot

Close control panel

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

outlook.exe
SpywareBot.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {4D25F926-B9FE-4682-BF72-8AB8210D6D75} - C:\Program Files\MyWaySA\SrchAsDe\deSrcAs.dll

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {4D25F921-B9FE-4682-BF72-8AB8210D6D75} - C:\Program Files\MyWaySA\SrchAsDe\deSrcAs.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [outlook] C:\Program Files\outlook\outlook.exe /auto

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpywareBot] C:\Program Files\SpywareBot\SpywareBot.exe -boot

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Error Nuker] C:\Program Files\Error Nuker\bin\ErrorNuker.exe autostart

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BitTorrent] "C:\Program Files\BitTorrent\bittorrent.exe" --force_start_minimized

O4 - Startup: LimeWire On Startup.lnk = C:\Program Files\LimeWire\LimeWire.exe

O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Program Files\outlook\outlook.exe
C:\Program Files\SpywareBot

Reboot into normal mode and turn system restore back on.

Post a fresh HJT log as an attachment and let me know how your system is running. See HERE.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Amrit only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Your HJT log is clean.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Amrit only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

VPN problem related?

Hi again Howard et all

Having corrected my task manager issue i now have another problem which i am wondering if it is related to the changes made?

I previously had a VPN connection to my computer in university which worked fine. Now however it will not connect. Is this related to the changes i made to get task manager working by any chance? I know the VPN does work as it doe so from other computers i have tried it from.

thanks
AMRIT

I don`t think fixing your task manager has caused your vpn issue.

It might be best to reinstall the vpn software and see what happens.

Winfix Adware Virus Ahhhhh!

Hi

I have found that i've got a winfix virus and i cant get rid of it. I got Norton Anti-Virus now, and this blocks it, but the damage has already been done and its in my registry. It wont let me open my registry and my computer is running slow as anything, continuously getting pop-ups about anti-virus software.

I've attached my HJT log. Can anyone help???

I have merged your new thread into this one. HJT logs are not to be posted in the Windows OS forum.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back