Task manager problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

yangly18

Hey guys,

I was just going through my task manager the other day turning off all the programs I didn't need running on my computer and I accidentally turned off something that messed up task manager itself. The window for task manager is now a box that has no minimize or close buttons, and the tabs for processes, services, performance, networking, and users are gone. The only way to get out of task manager is close it using the icon for it on the task bar.

so the question is: how do i fix this...?

also, the os is vista 32bit

Use System restore, select a restore point for a date and time before you made the changes that caused the problem.

pcaceit please open your Task Manager Ctrl + Shift + Esc or Ctrl + Alt + Del or right click on your Taskbar and just open it.

Once you finally have it open, select the performance and CPU graph and then Double Click on it

Also note that System Restore does not fix this issue, as it is not a fault, but a feature of Windows

Thanks kimsland

I am aware of this operation and I know how to open tskmgr (thought everyone knew about that and double click border, it is in the task manager help and help and support troubleshooting task manager).

yangly18 did say "The window for task manager is now a box", "and the tabs for processes, services, performance, networking, and users are gone". I assumed that just applications tab was visible and not that it just displayed CPU usage and History" and i did'nt see your post when i replied, o replies when i selected it, thought he had the problem where it was actually corrupted.

Why don't you just click on the taskmanager and hit alt-f4, I know that the little things bug you the most but for something this trivial I would not worry and just use a work around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back