TechSpot

Task Manager problem

By Lympics
Dec 5, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Lately, when I alt tab control, instead of the normal task manager poping out, it pop out a taskmgr - Notepad .

And when I try to go task manager, it also a notepad with words that cant really be read. Help!

2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,714   +397

Alt-tab switches windows between open applications/folders. So I'm a bit confused by Alt-tab-control? I tried that on mine just incase I was missing something and nothing happened.. So what are you really asking? Task Manager is brought up Control-Shift-Escape or in non domain XP systems Control-Alt-Del.

3. Lympics

Lympics TS Rookie Topic Starter

I mean control alt delete Sorry D:
    When I tried that, it come up a black screen with a taskmanager.exe

4. bobcat

bobcat TechSpot Paladin Posts: 688   +67

You haven’t told us what OS you have. Before posting questions you are expected to give your main system specs.

As for opening the Task Manager, if you are using XP, try the alternative procedure: right click on systray (the clock area) at a clear point above the icons and select Task Manager.

5. Lympics

Lympics TS Rookie Topic Starter

When I click it, nothing happens. Only a blackscreen window pop up then suddenly gone.
    Anyw what is OS?