Task Manager will not open

I have tried mutiple ways of getting Task manager to open, but my task manager will not open. I have tried right clicking on the toolbar below, and going to run and typing "taskmgr.exe" and that still did not work. All that happens is the circle comes up spinning, no window pops up. However there is the icon for the task manager on the toolbar, i open multiple of them and more icons come up. Also have created a folder in regedit, called taskmgr.exe, because there was not one there and that is what the windows support said suggested, still did not help. I have tried the 5 step removal virus instructions, and i did have a virus. Malwarebytes found 19 files infected. Some of them being the HKeys. I got up to step 3? Where you run GMER, but it did freeze up and then, i looked for another way of trying to fix this problem.

Is there any way to fix this, or am i going to have to live without a task manager for the rest of my laptops life? I am running Windows Vista, if that helps this problem

I know there have been some problems with this situation, and many threads have been opened. But they are asking for a hijack log(?) and i do not know what that is.

If you can, try downloading and running Process Explorer. It is on Microsoft's technet site and is free to download (it's an advanced task manager).

Back