TechSpot

Taskbar/Desktop Icon madness

By Guntrikx
Dec 20, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey Everyone!,

Soooo randomly today when i cam to my computer after my cousins have left i found that there was a space in between the right side of the Mozilla window and the egde of the screen. When i say space i mean that you can see the desktop. Second thing i notice that is my task and desktop icons are all gone. I try right clicking on the desktop but nothing happens. After a few minutes of scratching my head i turn off my computer and log back on. Now i see that my task bar is on the right side of my screen which i never do, and all my icons were back. So i unlock my task bar from the right and i drag it to the bottom again and locked it. not even 3 seconds later my desktop does this refresh like action where all the icons flashed and the task bar is locked on the right side again standing vertical. Now getting aggravated i have no idea what to do and how to change it back to normal. i am not sure if this is a virus though. As i type this the task bar is still missing.

PLEASE HELP!

-Guntrikx
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.