Tcip.sys happening

Ok, I've had the System Tools virus in the last few days and have been going to a lot of trouble to remove it, and I think most of it's gone now.

The other day I got a couple BSODs that said 'ndis.sys', always when reinstalling spyware doctor.

However, I managed to install it successfully in Safe Mode. Now, my laptop's working fairly well, but every now and again I'm getting the BSOD relating to tcip.sys. I'm not 100%, but I think this occurs whenever Spyware Doctor's about to complete a full system scan.

Specs:
Acer Aspire 5542; 4GB RAM; 64bit; 2 processing cores; Windows 7

the minidumps from last night are attatched

Attachments

• minidump.zip
    76.1 KB · Views: 2
All errors cite the Windows OS driver tcpip.sys as the cause of your issue. But it is highly unlikely that this driver is actually the problem because OS drivers more so point out that there is a problem rather than directing us to what the problem is.

However, this driver has to do with networking/internet connection and it often points to a wireless/NIC card need for updated drivers.

Go to Acer's website, find your exact model and update the latest NIC/wireless drivers that they have for your system.

There is also the possibility that either a) you are still infected or b) your security software is the issue.

ok, I'm updating the drivers atm, but my guess is the computer's still slightly infected.

However, neither malwarebytes nor spyware doctor are finding anything... do you have any pointers?

Thanks,

GG

After you update the drivers and all is well let us know. If not see below...

As for pointers, in order to make sure you are fully clean, go to our Virus and Malware Removal forum, read and follow the advice in the order given in the UPDATED 8 Step sticky, and when you finish the steps, on that forum post with the required logs.

Back