Tcpip Warning in Event Viewer/System

Status
Not open for further replies.

hikerbear

Hi All;

From time to time on my XP Home SP2 machine I get a "TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts." warning.

I've read the MS Help and Support info, do not have a virus or malware as was suggested in the article and I tried the cmd line: netstat -no proceedure to no avail.

It's not the end of the world and my dsl has no other issues.

I can live with it, but wonder you know of a work-around.

Certainly appreciate any help.

Concurrent Session usually are found in your browser or a Torrent client application.
Limits on them are imposed to ensure your system does not drown and lockup due
to excessive connections from ONE application.

Reaching the limit is non-fatal; ie the programs should continue.

Microsoft has place TCP Limiter on XP SP2, SP3 and all Vista versions too. To fix this problem, you need to look into XP SP2 TCP Fixer here: http://www.lvllord.de/

hikerbear said:
Hi All;

From time to time on my XP Home SP2 machine I get a "TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts." warning.

I've read the MS Help and Support info, do not have a virus or malware as was suggested in the article and I tried the cmd line: netstat -no proceedure to no avail.

It's not the end of the world and my dsl has no other issues.

I can live with it, but wonder you know of a work-around.

Certainly appreciate any help.

Thank you, both.

Hi;
I agree with both.
The lvllord.de patch was originally suggested to me by a Microsoft support person and it helps a bit, BUT- don't run sfc /scannow after installing the patch as it will rewrite it with the XP SP2 limitation.
Found that out today :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back