Team Fortress 2 fps issues

hey guys, I bought a low end gaming lap top 2 and a half years ago.

Its Specs are:

Windows vista home premium 64 bit

4 gb of DDR3 ram

Intel core 2 duo (tm) 2 Duo T5750

Radeon mobility HD 2600 512mb DDR3 card

Ive recently picked up Team fortress 2 and im getting 30 fps in fights and this is with most settings on medium.

Im wondering if this is consistent with my hardware or if theres a way to boost the fps?

Furthermore, I am wondering about balanced vs high performance for vista and if it makes a huge difference to run high performance mode over balanced.

thanks!

hey guys, I bought a low end gaming lap top 2 and a half years ago.

Its Specs are:

Windows vista home premium 64 bit

4 gb of DDR3 ram

Intel core 2 duo (tm) 2 Duo T5750

Radeon mobility HD 2600 512mb DDR3 card

Ive recently picked up Team fortress 2 and im getting 30 fps in fights and this is with most settings on medium.

Im wondering if this is consistent with my hardware or if theres a way to boost the fps?

Furthermore, I am wondering about balanced vs high performance for vista and if it makes a huge difference to run high performance mode over balanced.

thanks!

It's your hardware. I don't even think that card is capable of hd video playback, let alone gaming. I hate to say it but your best bet would probably be to get a desktop pc.

...or http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1149207

That seems about right with your system I'd say. TF2 is a bit of a deceitful game, it may come off as not very demanding but that's far from the truth. You can try and mess around with your settings/resolution some more to find balance or check out princetons link for other alternatives.

Yeah, TF2 even hurts my FPS when the screen starts getting busy with bullets, arrows, and flames and grenades flying everywhere. I've seen mine drop to around 35FPS at times, though it is on high settings I think.

Its an addictive game all the same though, and although it can drop FPS very quickly, its usually hovering around the 40-60FPS mark during gameplay - not too bad for my HD4670 I don't think. :)

Back