Tech Tip of the Week: Change Your Wallpaper on Windows 7 Starter

Jos

Most of the features missing from Windows 7 Starter won't really hinder the use of a netbook, but being forced to stare at a bright blue Windows logo desktop wallpaper for the lifespan of your system is torture. Even Windows 3.1 lets you set a desktop background, and thanks to a number of free utilities, so will Windows 7 Starter.

This week's tip: Change Your Wallpaper on Windows 7 Starter
https://www.techspot.com/guides/264-change-wallpaper-on-windows-7-starter/

Can you please share that wallpaper or point me to a location where I can find it, I really would like to add it to my wallpaper collection.

Good tip. I put a link to this on my site. That said, I never changed the default desktop background on my Fujitsu P1510D.

I can understand the red tape but not letting you change the wallpaper is mean and tight *** to all the people who have purchased a netbook with this installed.What kind of person makes these decisions?

I found a very easy way to change the wallpaper in 7 Starter. Install Opera web browser. Open the image you want to load within Opera, not a image viewer or editor, Opera itself. Then right click the image and choose "Use Image on Desktop". It's that simple.

warren

Where do i go to download a free application to get a program on my windows & netbook computer to put my own wallpaper pictures on?

I tried the Oceanis app, but it didn't work on my netbook. Then I found this:

Starter Background Changer
(renaudgerson.fr/StarterBackgroundChanger/en/)

I've been using it for months. It's simpler than the Oceanis app, too. It doesn't keep running in the background, and it doesn't use up all that RAM... It just lets you choose a desktop picture, and changes to it. Period. Works great!

This is really giving me a hard time trying to get a wallpaper on my desktop ive tried so many things i dont know what else to do...........

Worked great! Totally easy to install and work with. Only issue was that when I went to restart, AVG caught some malware. Grrrr...

This was shocking from Microsoft. Not even giving you the option to change your wallpaper was just crazy.

Just installed the Oceanis app on my daughter's notebook (HP mini). Very easy to install and works fine. She can now set her own wallpaper. many thanks.

i just wanted to give a quick THANKYOU i have been feeling really 'blue' latley and now i have a real back ground .thanks again :)

It works great! Very easy to install and use.
Turned my laptop on and off a few times to check and my wallpaper is still here! (Previous bad experience with Starter Background Changer, if you're hesitating between the 2 as Oceanis and SBC are the main programs suggested around, DO NOT get SBC! It deleted all my files and folders on my desktop, all my shortcuts and some important work documents are completely gone!)
Thanks for finally sorting out this Windows 7 Started mess! Can't believe they don't offer you the option of changing your wallpaper in the first place!!

Back