Tech Tip of the Week: Use a Browser Sandbox for Cross-Browser Testing

Julio Franco

Staff member
Testing browser compatibility can drive any Web developer postal, especially when it comes to Internet Explorer. While there are multiple ways to install different versions of a browser on one computer, it's a headache waiting to happen. Thankfully, there are several solutions to this problem today, and a service from Code Systems is one of the most seamless ones we've come across so far.

This week's tip: Use a Browser Sandbox for Cross-Browser Testing
https://www.techspot.com/guides/241-test-cross-browser-compatibility/

Please leave your feedback here.

just downloaded IE Tester and am running it on my Intel Mac in XP Pro under Parallels...this is the most beautiful app i've seen in my life. i'm in love. now i can ditch the old pc that i had to keep around for testing in IE6. i'm going to add another monitor in the space the pc used to occupy.

thanks for this article and the links. you guys ROCK!

I prefer Multi-Browser Viewer - www.MultiBrowserViewer.com to cross browser test.

It has a combination of Spoon's browser sandbox and browsershots, with the difference that the sandboxed browsers actually work(I couldn't get the IE6 from spoon to work on my XP machine) and there are way more screenshot browsers available than in browsershots. There are hardly ever any Mac browsers available on browsershots.org.

The only downside is that it is not free, but hey, sometimes you get what you pay for. In my mind it offers the best of both worlds - actual sandboxed browsers on my local machine as well as high quality screenshots.

It's realy useful thing!
But what about IE Developer ToolBar?
Is there any way to include/install it with IE packs?

Back