TechSpot

Techspot logo is broken?

By MetalX
Jan 3, 2009
Post New Reply
  1. I just noticed that the Techspot logo doesn't appear at the top of the page when I'm in the forums anymore. Is it just my computer or is something buggy?

2. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

It's not there. Julio is probably switching things over from the old Christmas logo to a new one.

3. MetalX

MetalX TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 1,388

Ah yes, I'd forgotten about that.

4. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,058   +645

I just noticed and fixed it, thanks for the quick notice though.

I switched things back to the normal logo but I messed up with a typo on the forum's CSS file. The main site wasn't affected.

While on the logo topic, did you like the holidays logos? There were a few different revisions but overall there were three: xmas, xmas + new years, and new years alone.

I was thinking of adding a subtle background to the permanent logo, something tech-related obviously but no good ideas have come up so far. Any ideas?

5. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

I liked the X-Mas logos :grinthumb
    I think every occasion should have some flavor like this (ie Easter so forth)

As for the border idea, not so thrilled :suspiciou

6. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

I definitely liked the backgrounds. It was a very nice look.

Of course it will have to be done with the same taste/background transparency as the xmas ones.

7. MetalX

MetalX TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 1,388

Yeah, I liked those special banners for xmas/new years. I think it might be nice to have a permanent background, but I don't know what you could use :(

8. Blind Dragon

Blind Dragon TS Evangelist Posts: 3,908

I think you could use a drop shadow on all the wording to give it depth

like how the ball thing has a drop shadow