Techspot summer school

bobby123

A lot of people go to courses and seminars to learn different things about computer. Whether its hardware or software. e.g. learning more about spreadsheets or paintshop pro. I was wondering if techspot should set up like a forum on specific software helping others by giving them simple tasks and feedback. In this way more peole would become more talented by general use on computers. I was hoping you could look into this.
regards
bobby

It's not a bad idea, but TechSpot is meant to be a place where specific computer problems can be posted and a few members hopefully have a solution.

I'm speaking out of turn here, but members respond completely on their own free time, this is not a professional site in that sense. Of course there are staff members, but I "think" they are mostly doing the business end of things, like paying for/overseeing the actual server, hosting sponsor ads etc. They are not being payed to teach ppl about PCs. Of course the staff members ARE some of the most knowledgable members at TechSpot but like I said they actually have more important roles to serve.

With that being said if you have a specific question about a software app then for sure find the correct forum and post your question. There a many expert level members here who can help.

This is all IMO.
Cheers.

yer i can see where you're coming from. I mean I think if someone did lectures on something like excel or access it would be really beneficial. I dont have problems of such but if i was thought more about a specific software it may perhaps become usual in a career etc. I think a lot of people would say the same. I hope techspot give it some thought because I belive it will be a good thing. This is my opinon and its entirely up to you lot.
thanks
bobby

Well, maybe it might be an idea for Julio to consider for later as Techspot grows, but it really depends on where and how far Julio wants to try and direct the site. Maybe, just maybe.

Still, the very consideration shows how professional Techspot appears, which is kind of flattering I guess :) Thanks.

no worries spike, A site as good as this deserves the plauidts. Anyway, i hope julio considers it. Youngsters like me and even adults would benefit. I wonder what someone like howard would think to this.

We already have the Guides section.. IMO it would be perfectly OK for anyone to start a "course" thread there.

Most likely there wouldn't be enough teaching threads to justify a whole new forum.

It doesn`t sound like a bad idea, though I have no idea how it could be set up. As with most things around here, Julio is the man with his finger on the Techspot pulse.

Techspot already has guides on quite a wide range of subjects, which I believe are very well written. The guides are available by clicking on the Guides link at the top of any page. You can post/read feedback on any of the articles.

We also have the Guides and solved issues forum, which is quite new and hopefully will be successful. Maybe the two could be linked in some way. Obviously Julio is the only person who could advise and/or organise this.

There`s nothing to stop you from asking for a particular guide to be written. However, this would depend on the writers being able and willing to commit the time to doing so. Maybe Julio could give some guidance on this.

Regards Howard :)

nice to see such helpful and positive responses guys. Well basically, my knowledge of paint shop pro is poor. I was wondering if someone could like put a picture or something and make a list of steps needed for improving that picture or something along similar lines.

not to sound stupid, but there are a lot of good books in any decent bookstore to help you with your program. I think it would be far too difficult for any particular member(s) to post a course on one particular piece of software. As the others have said, this is more of a Q & A type environment.

Tedster said:
not to sound stupid, but there are a lot of good books in any decent bookstore to help you with your program. I think it would be far too difficult for any particular member(s) to post a course on one particular piece of software. As the others have said, this is more of a Q & A type environment.

dude....that last post was 4 months ago.... :D

Back