TechSpot

Temp Rising

By stevem447
Sep 26, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hay folks,

I recently built a new PC for my recording studio. I am using an ASUS P4P800-E DELUXE mobo with a Pentium 4 3.4g Prescott processor oc to 3.8. The machine is used with an application that requires intensive CPU utilization (real time data acquisition, FFT, CCR). The Mobo comes with a monitoring utility and the temperature of the cpu usually sits around 56c which is right at the upper limit. I am currently using the stock heat sink from Intel.

I did a little browsing over at newegg and their are a large variety of options. I have some limitations in terms of space, some of the heat sink designs with large diameter will not fit into my system. I was considering a liquid cooling system. I have read mixed reviews on performance. Does any body have any suggestions or experience with liquid cooled systems?
  2. vegasgmc

vegasgmc TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,763

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.