Temperature Alerts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

agi_shi

I need a program that will alert me if some component goes over a set temperature.

My motherboard north-bridge has a small heatsink with a small fan on it, so if that fan goes so will my mobo.

I need it to be able to report/alert motherboard temperature and GPU temperature, I don't need the other temperatures.

Also, it has to have a good alerting system. I don't care what it looks like, even if it flashes my screen red. As long as it gets my attention even when in a game.

It will depend on what your mobo is and what chipset it has on it. There are plenty of programs that will do the job but arent as specific as you seem to want, i.e they will show temperatures for almost all the sensors in your system and usually wont warn you if there is a problem unless you are actively monitoring them.

rik said:
It will depend on what your mobo is and what chipset it has on it. There are plenty of programs that will do the job but arent as specific as you seem to want, i.e they will show temperatures for almost all the sensors in your system and usually wont warn you if there is a problem unless you are actively monitoring them.
Hmm... I found one, called "Sensor View", but you need to register it and it's theme happy so it doesn't look well with WindowBlinds on.

Anyways, technically speaking any program that can view temperatures can alert you (how hard is a simple comparison :p), but they just didn't implement such features.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back