Temporary freezing when playing video games, any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan29121

Recently I am noticing that I get temporary freezing when playing video games such as Left4Dead 2 and MW2. This freezing only happens about every 20-30 min and I can easily fix it by ctrl+alt+del then going back into the game. I checked the temp of my GPU and its only at 36 C. Cpu is low as well. What could be causing this? All my specs of my computer are listed under my system. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello Ryan, i recently discovered the same problem, but i found out that its dx problem, that is it windows 7, i looked up on microsoft website and downloaded directx 11 installed it and it was fixed. i dont know what it could be for you but i think try that first.
Oh i had forgotten, there is a missing file in win7 dx, call d3d_xx70.dll i can't remember it well thats why i used xx.

Cheers

I am having trouble figuring out which installer to download. There are many than mention 9.0c, but that one seems like the one for Windows XP. Could you link me the Directx 11 download that you got. Thanks for your help.

Yes temporary freezing you can do it by press the button space on PC or pause if you are playing on Play station, or on Xbox.

This problem is occurring on a PC not a console. Even on a PC, the space bar or "button space" is not going to do anything to fix this problem.

Recently I am noticing that I get temporary freezing when playing video games such as Left4Dead 2 and MW2. This freezing only happens about every 20-30 min and I can easily fix it by ctrl+alt+del then going back into the game. I checked the temp of my GPU and its only at 36 C. Cpu is low as well. What could be causing this? All my specs of my computer are listed under my system. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello Ryan29121. The route I would take at this (due to 4 years of Battlefield 2 troubleshooting) time would be to start a game then minimize it to the desktop and run the task manager app, hit the cpu usage tab and watch it for a awhile in hopes of locating an anomaly. Hope this helps you out, ...and to all, I know this may seem tedious, however I have been very sucessfull with this technique. :) Korp.

Is it happening with only these two titles or with other games also.if yes then get your psu checked whether its providing full wattage or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back