Terminal Services on Microsoft Windows SRV 2008

DavidOrcus

[FONT=Arial]Terminal Services not issuing CAL licences to remote clients.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Microsoft Windows SRV 2008 Standard FE[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]The SRV is acting as a Domain Controller.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]I know Microsoft suggests not too install TS Role onto a SRV with Active Directory Domain Services; unfortunately we had no choice.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]I’ve done this before on Win2008 SRV not acting as a DC and had no problem.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Installed role Terminal Services[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Terminal Server – Installed[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]TS licensing – Installed[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Licence Server Discovery mode – Relevant SRV and confirm it finds it ok[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Terminal Services licensing’s mode – Per User[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Licensing Diagnostics tool reports no issues. Please see attached BMP. (SRV name removed from BMP)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Within Active Dir Users I’ve created 3 new separate users. I tried creating them as local users and I’ve also tried creating them as users under MyBusiness SBS but experience the same issue.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]The users are members of “Remote Desktop Users”.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Configured Group Policy “Allow Log On Through Terminal Services”[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Looked through and tried other Group Policy settings for Terminal Services couldn’t really find anything.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]First user session connects fine.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Second User sessions connects fine.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Third user sessions attempts to connect and I get the following message[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Windows Logon
Select a user to disconnect so that you may login.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]There are too many users logged in
<Username>
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial](Active)
<Username>
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial](Active)
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]This is the nature as if it wasn’t a TS SRV as in you can have 2 concurrent RDP connections without TS.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]I believe the Role is active and the licences are installed and available. Can anyone suggest something that I’m missing![/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Thanks, David[/FONT]

Attachments

• Licensing Diagnostics.zip
    18.1 KB · Views: 2
I only ask this as running different versions can cause this type of problem? (not sure which bit is intolerable!)

I've cleaned the thread up, lets leave the back and forth comments there and get this thread back on track please. :)

Steve P, I mistook part of your comment as your own, as opposed to your repeating of another members previous comments which is entirely my own fault. Hence the confusion.

For that I'm sorry. I've PM'd you this as well, to ensure you get my apology.

I have removed the last three recent posts.

A note to all of those posting in this thread: Keep it on topic, and keep it to the subject matter. There is no need for jokes or personal remarks as clearly people are getting offended and it just drags the thread off topic.

Further infringing posts will be removed without warning.

[FONT=Times New Roman]Hello all,[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]
Thanks for any posts.

They’ve decided they would like to triple the number of TS users therefore based on this I’ve suggested they have a separate SRV that isn’t already acting as a domain controller. As I believe it would be overload with 15 TS users and 60 domain users.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman] [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Once I’ve set this up on the new SRV with the same settings I’ll post back to confirm if it’s worked.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]If this hadn’t of been the outcome my next step was to remove all relevant roles\features and start all over again.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Thanks, David[/FONT]

Back