Terrible framerates while raiding in WoW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok My computer is not the best, nor is it new, but i have a 2.8 gig p4 1gig of ram, a 512 ATI Radeon x1800 pro with dual HD outs, so naturally it bothers me when it doesnt perform very well, When im running around in game I sit at around 25-30 fps outside of a city and 20 in a city. In a 10 man instance I sit at around 15-20 fps and in a 25 man instance I sit at 3-6..... I have lowered my graphical settings but it only helped a little, is there anything else I might be able to do?

I dont run anything but Mediaplayer and Ventrilo in the background when raiding so i shouldnt be over extending my system this much, I am running Dual Monitors though could that be the problem?

Make sure you don't have too many programs running in the background. Things like virus and spyware scanners, hard drive defraggers and such. Buy a bigger more powerful power supply (you don't give this information) and clean your cookies and temp files regularly. Increasing your total memory too

Yes, the dual monitors (if they both have something running) could cause it, I would think.

Also, the media player can cause slowdowns, as it does me when I am running a game from 1998.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back