TechSpot

Tesla cancels 40 kWh battery option for Model S ahead of production

By Shawn Knight
Apr 1, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Tesla Motors recently announced plans to discontinue a smaller battery option for the Model S before it ever enters production. The 40 kWh battery pack won’t be offered due to lack of demand as only four percent of customers selected...

Read more

2. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,026   +913

I feel like Tesla is really setting a standard for EVs when they get profitable.

3. misor

misor TS Maniac Posts: 1,020   +153

Lol, a funny jab at this charging station.
    one goes to tesla charging station, comes back home only to go back to recharge. :)

seriously: "...receive free charging at a Supercharger station for life"
    does this mean that there's only one cash out for the purchase of the tesla electric car and there's NO fee for battery charging?

4. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,116   +1,523

The fee is probably replacing the battery periodically. I can only imagine how expensive they must be and how often they need replacing.

misor likes this.
  5. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,026   +913

I dont think they have to replace it often actually. They may just have to maintain it and then assess if it needs to be replaced. But misor, the Tesla founder is a billionaire, he can afford free electricity lol.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.