Tesla chief Elon Musk updates Model S warranty to cover fire damage

By Shawn Knight
Nov 19, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Tesla’s stellar safety record has been under fire lately – quite literally – after a couple of high-profile Model S fires spread like wildfire, especially among the tech media. CEO Elon Musk is looking to extinguish any “false perception” as...

Read more
  2. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 939   +82

Kudo's Tesla.
  3. yRaz

yRaz TechSpot Booster Posts: 856   +75

Tesla is gonna get burned on that deal
  4. VitalyT

VitalyT TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,571   +480

So, if you don't like your Tesla, or got tired of it - just drive it to the woods and light it up, get your money back.
  5. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,012   +683

Ba dum bum!

I don't think they will. According to another story I read on this, a quote from Elon "Since the Model S went into production mid last year, there have been over 400 deaths and 1,200 serious injuries in the United States alone due to gasoline car fires, compared to zero deaths and zero injuries due to Tesla fires anywhere in the world."

Considering Elon asked the safety board to check out his cars, it sounds like he's very confident they won't find anything.
  6. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,765   +1,423

Thats nice to hear and also sounds as if he takes pride in his work. I'm sure the car is worth every penny, I just don't have that many pennies. :(
    spectrenad likes this.
  7. BMfan

BMfan TechSpot Guru Posts: 470   +47

Typical Elon,compare the million+ gas cars to the few thousand battery ones.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.