Tethering Issue

andy06shake

I am trying to use FoxFi with my ASUS TF101(jelly bean) and my HTC Desire C. I cant seem to get the Tablet to see the phone in the network settings. Can anyone help me please or recommend another free tethering app that will allow me to pair my devices wifi?

The web site doesn't offer much info, but found the following on the Market. See if they help if you haven't tried already. My Samsung Fascinate (GB 2.3.5) is rooted and I have Barnacle installed. I've connected my Transformer Infinity and Dell laptop to it w/o issues.

Here are some tips to help your usage:
1. On some models if you run into WiFi problem after using the Hotspot, simply reboot your phone and rename the hotspot before activating to clear the issue.
2. For some Samsung phones if your computer is not able to get an IP address, try to turn on WiFi on the phone first and make sure it does not connect to any WiFi network, then turn on FoxFi.
3. FoxFi is tested on non-rooted phones. If your phone has a rooted ROM it may or may not work.
4. When WiFi hotspot is activated you may also see a hotspot notification of the built-in WiFi hotspot feature. Please ignore it. As long as you do not sign up for a tether plan you won't be charged.
5. If you enter or change the hotspot password, make sure you rename the hotspot also before activating.
6. Sometimes Windows need a "repair" on the WiFi menu to get a correct IP address.

Back