TF2 Will Not Pass Loading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever I activate my TF2 I recently bought, I get to the picture of the demoman and soldier butting heads for WAR! and it says loading down in the corner yet it looks like a glitched zoomed version of the picture and just sits there for however long I leave it until I'm forced to re-boot my comp. As in the loading never finishes and the screen remains the same. I've tried defragmenting yet it always remains at 4% fragmentation. Verifying the game cache didn't help either.

I have a Dell Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00GHz and it's from 2004 I believe, a single core, I checked if it would run with the Can You Run It program and I surpassed recommended.

It may be updating. Open Steam to My Games and see if TFT 2 is in the process of updating.

What else have you tried? I don't want to waste your time suggesting things you've done already.

Also, what graphics card are you using and how much RAM do you have?

The likely cause is a hard drive failure... among the most common failures in a five-year-old Dell laptop. The boot media on the first 8 sectors of the drive flake off, so the boot sectors cannot be read. You can usually rescue your data by use of an external USB drive enclosure after you install a new drive and software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back