TechSpot

TF2 Will Not Pass Loading

By Fjord
Jan 12, 2010
  1. Whenever I activate my TF2 I recently bought, I get to the picture of the demoman and soldier butting heads for WAR! and it says loading down in the corner yet it looks like a glitched zoomed version of the picture and just sits there for however long I leave it until I'm forced to re-boot my comp. As in the loading never finishes and the screen remains the same. I've tried defragmenting yet it always remains at 4% fragmentation. Verifying the game cache didn't help either.

2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

Please describe your computer brand and model, and age, as well as configuration.

3. Fjord

Fjord TS Rookie Topic Starter

I have a Dell Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00GHz and it's from 2004 I believe, a single core, I checked if it would run with the Can You Run It program and I surpassed recommended.

4. Fjord

bump for justice

5. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,979   +362

It may be updating. Open Steam to My Games and see if TFT 2 is in the process of updating.

6. Fjord

It's not updating I've had it open countless times checking for anything.

7. Fjord

Bump for help.

8. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,979   +362

What else have you tried? I don't want to waste your time suggesting things you've done already.

Also, what graphics card are you using and how much RAM do you have?

9. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

The likely cause is a hard drive failure... among the most common failures in a five-year-old Dell laptop. The boot media on the first 8 sectors of the drive flake off, so the boot sectors cannot be read. You can usually rescue your data by use of an external USB drive enclosure after you install a new drive and software.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.