TFT IIyama 'inteference' question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal

Hi there,

I have just bought an Iiyama ProLite E431S (which is very nice by the way).

One thing I have noticed, every so often I am getting some 'lines' like you would get on a TV that has a poor reception. It seems to come and go and so far I haven't been able to figure out any pattern.

At the moment, I am connecting through the D-SUB input on the monitor (which is an analogue connection). It does have a DVI-D input which is digital. I suspect I will get a better image there. Can anyone tell me what I need to make this connection? Is it just a new cable that connects to the graphic card, or do I need something else?

If you need any specs, I have an NVIDIA GeForce2 MX400 card.

Thanks!

Make sure you don't have unshielded speakers close to the monitor & it can't hurt to keep that cell phone away from it either.

To use the DVI-input on your monitor, you need a grapgics card with DVI-output and a DVI-cable.
I will not go into advising you what card to use, except, if for business, look into the Matrox G550 or newer, they have dual output as well.

I haven't noticed any interference from cellphones or magnetic fields in TFT monitors, but I remember reading about poor image quality in cheap GeForce cards. If your monitor doesn't have a 'fine-tune' option, then I suggest you at least try a DVI-D equipped graphics card. With the monitor's native resolution, I'm quite sure you'll notice the difference.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I was considering upgrading the graphics card anyway...now I have the perfect excuse!

Version of Windows?

I doubt if the video card is the problem. That one is more than capable of running a TFT monitor properly.

Have you checked in the Device Manager to see if the correct make and model of monitor is shown?

If not, just install the latest monitor driver from the manufacturer's site.

Eric,
http://www.legge40.freeserve.co.uk/BuyerBeware.htm

XP.
I did upgrade the card and now have a DVI in, which makes the picture absolutely perfect. No interferrence and also the general quality is now pin-sharp. It was a bit naff before...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back