Thank God I found this site. Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xaxpaco

Hello everybody! I'm new to this site and would like to ask help on the pop-up error appearing on my toolbar. It says

"System Alert: Trojan-Spy.Win32@mx"

I found a thread that has instructions on how to deal with this but I decided to post my own.

Please Help :(

PCA

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go and read the Trojan Pakes and other nasties preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of xaxpaco only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Windows Safe Mode Error

Thank you so much for the help Rik and Howard!

However while I was carefully following Howards instructions, being at the "4 Tools" step already, I was supposed to reboot my system to run in Safe Mode; But everytime I select the safe mode option it won't go through. A series of command propmts just comes up then it stops there. Is there something wrong with my OS?

Thank you for your time.

Don`t worry about not being able to get into safe mode at the moment. Follow the instructions without safe mode.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of xaxpaco only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thank You Howard! Im currently scanning using SS&D, towards the end of the proccesses. almost done. after doing the rest of the steps, how do i complete the HJT? Thank you very much!

xaxpaco said:
Thank You Howard! Im currently scanning using SS&D, towards the end of the processes. almost done. after doing the rest of the steps, how do i complete the HJT? Thank you very much!
-If not already done so, download the hijackthis.zip from the link.
-Unzip it and specify the location to c:\Program Files\HiJackThis1991 (or just unzip it and move it there if its easier)
-Open that location using Explorer, find the HiJackThis.exe file and rename it to something like HiJackThis1991.exe or something different.
-Run the program, and click on "Do a System Scan and save a Log file"
-Let it run and it will pop up a notepad file. Close it and go back to the HiJackThis folder then locate the newly created log file.
-Upload the .log file here as an attachment here.

Hjt Log

Thank you guys for all your help. I have attached my HJT log but I'm not really sure if it went through. I'kk try to check back in a few minutes. Thanks again!

It looks like you forgot to attach your HJT log. I also need an AVG Antispyware log.

Attachment

Im sorry about that, I'm so having trouble attaching the file, everytime I click the attach icon, nothing comes up. Would it be ok if I copy and paste each log? Thanks :)

Since you`re having problems attaching your logs, please feel free to copy and paste them. I will remove them once I`ve finished with them.

Ive Copy pasted the Logs already! :) Thanks for your help, I appreciate it. Please let me know if I've done or not done something. :)

Thank You!

Run HJT with no other programmes open. Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O16 - DPF: {CDE3CA69-293C-4B4C-AB3B-BAAED5197238} (KPDownload1Obj Class) - http://aaol.abacus.com.sg/v1/KPOrion.cab

O16 - DPF: {DB3DAEA1-61A8-4D32-A957-095DB3C3363D} (BF_DLL Class) - http://aaol.abacus.com.sg/v1/KPMain.1.cab

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{214927AB-7D39-42CD-A46B-0B015100624C}: NameServer = 202.81.160.6 202.81.160.7<Only fix this if it doesn`t belong to your ISP.

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT and reboot your system.

Other than the above, your HJT log is clean.

Thanks!

I already removed the file you specified. Yes, the 017 file might be with my ISP because it didn't appear on the latest scan I did, this time without the internet connection. Thank you again!

I hope I'll be able to contribute something in this site too, in the future! :)

PCA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back