The Battle of the Army Green Cases: Corsair vs. Thermaltake

Julio Franco

Staff member
Read the full article at:
[newwindow=https://www.techspot.com/review/611-corsair-thermaltake-army-green-cases/]https://www.techspot.com/review/611-corsair-thermaltake-army-green-cases/[/newwindow]

Please leave your feedback here.

For whatever crazy reason, I always associate the Cooler Master "Storm Scout":

scout1lr.jpg

With a 5 Gallon Jerry Can:
Reproduction%20Jerry%20Can1.jpg

My point being, since this is a military themed case also, it would be a good candidate for an olive drab rendition.

Waddya think?

If seen from the sides, the thermaltake level 10 gt battle edition drive bays look like bullets.

if seen from above, the corsair vengeance c70 case looks like a box of ammo.

since both products are military themed, they should offer more color variety such as desert camou.

I'd actually buy the Corsair case if it came in black.

edit: It does come in black, interesting might have to track one down.

The level 10 just looks goofy imo. The C70 is much more convincing. Would like to see some variants in desert tan and haze gray. Also maybe a case that just looks or feels "beefier"

Corsair looks like something you would acually find in the military. Was going to get the c70 but got a 600t instead. thinking about getting one though cause I move around so much.

No military in the world would buy these cases any thing with that much plastic parts would be useless in the field. The HDD is not protected from shock, any military case would be made from all metal with as few openings as possible to keep contamination down when in a harsh environment such as radiation or biological contaminated area.
being painted green is simply not enough for the military

@guest above

"No military in the world would buy these cases any thing with that much plastic parts would be useless in the field. The HDD is not protected from shock, any military case would be made from all metal with as few openings as possible to keep contamination down when in a harsh environment such as radiation or biological contaminated area."
"being painted green is simply not enough for the military"

is this guy mental? who said those cases for military use? both of them are 'military themed' or 'military-looks' not come with military specs.. both cases intended for gamer who want their case with 'military-styling' not for a soldier who wants mil-spec case in the field.. LOL

I like the Corsair case way more than the Thermaltake case. It looks like they actually made some physical changes to help sell the "military" look, like the ammo case handles, big latches, and chunky power button. Meanwhile Thermaltake just slapped some silly looking text and of course kept the "Driving Inspiration" logo which doesn't make any sense on this case. Plus the Corsair case is just sleeker in its utilitarian way.

Of course I wouldn't buy either. My days of big steel towers are behind me.

I still cant decide which one is uglier, I don't know why anyone would want such a case unless you are a crazy fps/military fanboy.

Apart from that the whole idea of the level 10 case just doesn't make sense to me at all either, it just looks off to me.

Just a few quick thoughts on balance of power and appropriate level of response.......
No military in the world would buy these cases any thing with that much plastic parts would be useless in the field. The HDD is not protected from shock, any military case would be made from all metal with as few openings as possible to keep contamination down when in a harsh environment such as radiation or biological contaminated area.
being painted green is simply not enough for the military
Spot on..! I noticed those things too...!

You should march yourself down to the Pentagon, and refuse to leave until you get an audience with the Joint Chiefs of Staff. I'm sure a perceptive and persuasive person such as yourself will be able to prevent these shoddy products from being put into service. Think of all the lives you'll save! Not to mention the money from cost overruns which will ultimately result from these crappy things having to be redesigned, and brought up to actual military specifications!

And while we're at it, we should get the "G.I. Joe" doll redesigned, so it doesn't tip over from the recoil of a .45 caliber pistol!

Semper Fudgesicle!

I'd shoot you a big salute sir, but I have a slight problem at the moment, my hand is caught in my zipper....;)

Oh never mind, I suppose as salutes go, that one will be good enough for this government work..;)

IMHO

Thermaltake level 10:
-too much silly looking text, especially 'driving inspiration' logo at the back
-the color is somewhat cheap-feels for me,
-oh, and too much plastic

Corsair Vengeance:
-not very military-looking, you can only see this case like military-themed case when you see from top (looks like a box of ammo only when you see from top)
-add some details might turn this case as real military-grade stuff
-adding honeycomb grill with mesh (like thermaltake's grill on top) on transparent side panel will give extra 'military-looks'

This is funny that provoked me to comment this..

"No military in the world would buy these cases any thing with that much plastic parts would be useless in the field"
--> from the beginning it's intended for gamer who wants military looking/military themed case

"any military case would be made from all metal"
--> not really, some comes with metal-rackmount computer; while other comes with non-metal, mostly they come in shape of boxes or briefcase-box made from non-metal or ballistic armor, then these boxes will be stacked vertically, there you just open the front panel for interface, open the rear for plugging the cables.. and it's ready

"any military case would be made from all metal with as few openings as possible to keep contamination down when in a harsh environment such as radiation or biological contaminated area."
--> few openings as possible? why bother if we invent what we called rubber sealing or sealed tray, so it will be safe even exposed
--> computer for military is designed to withstand harsh environment such extreme temperatures (subzero or hot in the desert), extreme moisture/humidity, protection against drop or shock, protection against dust and water/rain. NOT FOR WITHSTAND radiation or biological hazard
--> since when military or scientist exposed their computer to the radiation or biohazard when on the field? they store it inside a temporary compound or vehicle!!

Also the C70 Veng has 8 screws for the mobo, and the middle is actually a placeholder to center the board on, it's very handy, no more trying to align the mobo just right, it just pops right on.

Corsair is a much more practical choice considering how much more reliable the brand is... and thermaltake is not. Like seriously... whats with the stupid writting on the thing, it doesn't even make it military material. Keep it simple stupids!

Back