The Best Gaming Laptops 2018

I bought a GL502VS last year and after a few months, the laptop had a very bad battery problem. The battery was discharging even while plugged in a wall. The problem was caused by the GTX 1070 draining too much power during intense gaming sesssions. After a few weeks of waiting for a solution, they said it was a design flaw that could not be fixed. Replacing the power supply for something bigger didn't work. Apperently the board was making some kind of bottleneck on the power. The battery was getting less power than what the video card was draining. Asus asked to send my laptop back and they sent me a refund for the full amount of the laptop.... I hope they fixed that issue if they are still selling that exact same model. I hope this help someone who is looking to buy one of them.

To be honest 256 GB is way to small for any real gamer. The predator is a nice machine but I opted for the Razer Blade Pro for a few different reasons one of which being the Chroma Keyboard.

My heart almost dropped when I saw those prices. Good thing I'm not a gamer. Would rather buy a Mac instead.

At this point spending thousands on a poorly cooled pc like a laptop makes no sense for gaming with the compactness of M-ITX cases like the RVZ01B or DAN. If it's for regular work, then a cheaper laptop with long battery life or similar (Surface Pro) makes much more sense.

Well for me, I had no choice but to go for a gaming laptop. I had to turn my man cave into a second bedroom for my growing family so I had o give up my large gaming rig for something more portable.

I bought an MSI Titan pro with one of the half size GTX 1080 cards... This laptop is just amazing. It was well worth maxing out a credit card to buy it. The only issue I seem to be having is with the wireless network adapter which intermittently cuts out....

As for laptops being poorly cooled.. I really dont think thats the case anymore - no pun intended - My laptop has four "exhaust ducts" that just spew out hot air created by the machine.. if anything my laptop has better heat regulation than my desktop rig had.

Back