The BEST gaming lcd...period

Status
Not open for further replies.

ks1

Gaming LCD's

I am wondering what the best lcd monitor for gaming is. I am hooking this up to dual 7800 gt's and want to take advantage of this by buying a premium monitor. I know that for gaming lower response time is better and that native resolution should be relatively high, any help would be appreciated. By the way, im looking to spend around $500.

For $500 you could easily buy any high-end 17" LCD. And for 19", $500 will get you a pretty good one, if not a great one. LCD prices are changing so rapidly.

But if you get a 19", make sure it suits some basic things first, like the type of connection. Is it DVI? Does it match your vid card outputs? Getting a digital signal is the first thing to look for. Then make sure it handles your favorite resolution. For 19" this would be like 1280x1024 or even 1600x1200.
After this, the best thing to do is find a site that runs comparisons on LCDs. Select the 3 to 5 or so that you like best and compare side to side. You'll see who has quicker response times, brighter picture, more features etc...
PCWorld has such comparrisons, check tomshardware.com, then just do some googling.

Couldn't say what is the "BEST..period". Some people would say only CRTs can be the best.

when you are running two videocards in sli, should your lcd have two dvi inputs to hook up to or is one sufficient? Also, what are some of the good companys to look for in a lcd?

Viewsonic is supposed to make a good lcd. They claim to have the fastest response time at 4 ms. Not sure how good their image quality is as I don't own a lcd.

Personally, I have a Samsung 740b. It has DVI inputs a 8 ms response time, native 1280x1024 resolution and a very reasonable price tag. I love it. I'm sure there's probably more expensive ones out there but for the money this one can't be beat.

I like NEC looks the best, and the brand does real well. But couldn't speak from experience.

I'm sure you'll be happy with ANY LCD! You may never go back to CRT!

Samsung 930BF 19" TFT LCD

I am very pleased with the Samsung 930BF. It features an ultra-fast 4ms response time. I play CS:Source and cannot see any ghosting. Really nice. I'm in South Africa so converting comes to about $500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back