The Best Laptops: Top ultraportable, workstation, gaming and more

By Jos
Nov 23, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. When choosing the right laptop it all comes down to what you are willing to spend and what you plan to use it for. If the idea of navigating the countless options out there sounds daunting we’ve got you covered. After looking at several of the best devices this year and analyzing dozens of professional reviews and user opinions, we bring you the best of the best in a handful of popular categories. This are this year's best workstations, Chromebook, ultraportables, budget and gaming laptops.

Read on and check out the best laptops.

2. darkzelda

darkzelda TS Addict Posts: 251   +86

I recently bought an Asus Zenbook Ux305FA, and I couldn't be happier.
  3. yukka

yukka TechSpot Paladin Posts: 824   +53

I believe the 13 inch retina MacBook Pro is a better portable option than the MacBook Air. Comes with better cpu, more ram as standard, ssd storage, retina screen and weight difference is pretty insignificant. It also has an hdmi port in addition to the same connections as the air.
  4. tabbymulla

tabbymulla TS Rookie

MS Surface book should have been in the list.......Wonder why it isn't and 2 of the apples are :/
    SuperVeloce likes this.
  5. money

money TS Enthusiast Posts: 44

Best budget laptop is 629 usd?...
    Evernessince likes this.
  6. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,428   +472

Wow never thought you had to worry about streaming things in a Chromebook, after everything they aim for.

I'll second the "Budget" laptop, it's not budget at all, it may be the cheaper of the higher-entry level (odd phrasing), but it's not budget at all!

Also, what makes the Asus gaming laptop a winner having 4th gen of intel core? I can get a brand new out of the oven Alienware 17" for the same price (Well with 16gb of ram, not 24 would be the only difference), or get the 18 with sli setup for the same non-offer price.
    Evernessince likes this.
  7. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,531   +836

Best high end laptops of 2015 might be a better title...sheesh.
  8. Zenodroid

Zenodroid TS Booster Posts: 131   +27

Isnt g752 better ?
  9. jhill3d71

jhill3d71 TS Rookie

Only two USB ports on the MacBook Pro. So I had to get an external USB powered hub. Very lame. I have every port connected with something. I guess they thought making it thinner would be better than usability. Still a great machine and Windows runs better on it that OSX.
  10. UltraModernGuy

UltraModernGuy TS Member Posts: 25   +16

You forgot the Surface book :), seeing as how price is no object in this mash up.
    SuperVeloce likes this.