The best mobo till date

Status
Not open for further replies.

OLBY

hi guys
if you are an extreme gamer or a overclocker you have to use the best mobo,right?
the Best mobo i ever seen till date is gigabyte's ga-ex58-extreme!!
it has an open\unlimited overclocking,dual bios,2oz copper.3way sli,etc..
its specially produced for i7 cpus (but you can install c2d and c2q)
you can check all it features and specs from : www.gigabyte.com.tw
or follow this link: http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/FileList/WebPage/mb_081027_x58/tech_081027_x58.htm
it's better than that msi which julio wrote about

i may got banned for this,but am sure ill be back,haha:evil:
any ideas or comments are welcomed
-------------------------
Quality Components Make Quality Motherboards,gigabyte

and have you ever hear about bios calculator
For other branded motherboards, trying to raise the FSB can be quite complex, as changing multipliers and dividers means you either have to be very good at math, or have a calculator on hand to do the calculations. GIGABYTE's BIOS, on the other hand, provides a BIOS Calculator that calculates the frequency automatically. The BIOS Calculator also shows you the relationships of the various settings on a platform. For example, on the X58 platform, when you raise the BCLK frequency, the CPU, Uncore, memory and QPI frequencies will also raise. The BIOS Calculator auto calculates the frequency of these components, allowing you to easily understand the relationship between the components and what the end frequencies will be after adjustment,by gigabyte
yeaaaaaaah,gigabyte is the best

I love my motherboard, the Gigabyte board is good as well, but I like the ability to increase my oc on the fly if I need too, selecting a specific bios saved file w/o entering the bios at all.

As for motherboards in the i7 range its been proven that its the technology of the motherboards that give them such oc ability, rather its Biostar or Asus. Only difference between the motherboards really are little bonuses, like more sata ports than others, hd audio on some boards, and 3 pci E slots versus just two. Few people actually use 3 cards, the i7 market is only about 3% of intels cpu sells. That should tell you that things like having more pci e slots than "joe" wont really mean much.

the i7 cpus are expensive and new,so they have only 3%,if it was cheaper it would have better market for sure,but gigabyte still the best till now,haha
why dont you take a look at it,it in my member gallery ;-'

For other branded motherboards, trying to raise the FSB can be quite complex

My motherboard is a POS, and all I have to do to change the FSB is to click on Bus Speed, and put in a number between 200 and 260.

Also, there is no way you can stick a socket 775 cpu, such as the core2's in that thing.

ok olby -my turn -theres no such thing as a mobo that supports i7 (socket 1366) and c2d (socket 775) -where did you get that idea from? (that's why I'm asking)

OLBY said:
For other branded motherboards, trying to raise the FSB can be quite complex, as changing multipliers and dividers means you either have to be very good at math, or have a calculator on hand to do the calculations. GIGABYTE's BIOS, on the other hand, provides a BIOS Calculator that calculates the frequency automatically. The BIOS Calculator also shows you the relationships of the various settings on a platform. For example, on the X58 platform, when you raise the BCLK frequency, the CPU, Uncore, memory and QPI frequencies will also raise. The BIOS Calculator auto calculates the frequency of these components, allowing you to easily understand the relationship between the components and what the end frequencies will be after adjustment,
Rubbish. Marketing BS if I ever heard any. You need to know how the QPI and other frequencies affect overall performance in order to know how good your OC is. Higher is not always better or more useful.

As for the best X58 motherboard, that would be a tie between the Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P and the EVGA 758-TR for triple Crossfire\SLI support.

But if you're looking at vanilla Crossfire\SLI support, the Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R and MSI X58 Pro would be the best, with my vote tipping towards the Gigabyte board for their legendary reliability. The upcoming GA-EP55-UD3R looks to continue that trend IMO.

IMO, the GA-EX58-EXTREME is a luxury board that has most of the features other boards have, with some unnecessary ones thrown in. It burns a big hole in your wallet (unless you have a black hole for a wallet) and provides close to zero value for money, as with everything else at the extreme high-end in PC hardware IMO. It is also not the only board like this; there are others like the ASUS P6T7, EVGA CLASSIFIED, MSI Eclipse and ASUS Rampage II Extreme that deserve to be put in the same category IMO. So unless you actually have the money to spend on hardware such as watercooling equipment that will make use of the features that such motherboards provide, they are not worth it IMO.

OLBY said:
its specially produced for i7 cpus (but you can install c2d and c2q)
As the others have said, it is a completely new CPU socket. You cannot fit older 775 CPUs into it; it just isn't physically possible.

and have you ever hear about bios calculator
For other branded motherboards, trying to raise the FSB can be quite complex, as changing multipliers and dividers means you either have to be very good at math, or have a calculator on hand to do the calculations. GIGABYTE's BIOS, on the other hand, provides a BIOS Calculator that calculates the frequency automatically. The BIOS Calculator also shows you the relationships of the various settings on a platform. For example, on the X58 platform, when you raise the BCLK frequency, the CPU, Uncore, memory and QPI frequencies will also raise. The BIOS Calculator auto calculates the frequency of these components, allowing you to easily understand the relationship between the components and what the end frequencies will be after adjustment,by gigabyte
yeaaaaaaah,gigabyte is the best

Oh wait, the rampage board does all these things, plus more, not to down the gigabyte board, its a great board.

Oh wait, the rampage board does all these things, plus more, not to down the gigabyte board, its a great board.

Rubbish. Marketing BS if I ever heard any. You need to know how the QPI and other frequencies affect overall performance in order to know how good your OC is. Higher is not always better or more useful.

As for the best X58 motherboard, that would be a tie between the Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P and the EVGA 758-TR for triple Crossfire\SLI support.

But if you're looking at vanilla Crossfire\SLI support, the Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R and MSI X58 Pro would be the best, with my vote tipping towards the Gigabyte board for their legendary reliability. The upcoming GA-EP55-UD3R looks to continue that trend IMO.

IMO, the GA-EX58-EXTREME is a luxury board that has most of the features other boards have, with some unnecessary ones thrown in. It burns a big hole in your wallet (unless you have a black hole for a wallet) and provides close to zero value for money, as with everything else at the extreme high-end in PC hardware IMO. It is also not the only board like this; there are others like the ASUS P6T7, EVGA CLASSIFIED, MSI Eclipse and ASUS Rampage II Extreme that deserve to be put in the same category IMO. So unless you actually have the money to spend on hardware such as watercooling equipment that will make use of the features that such motherboards provide, they are not worth it IMO.

As the others have said, it is a completely new CPU socket. You cannot fit older 775 CPUs into it; it just isn't physically possible.

Messing around in the bios of an x58 board can be a little dangerous. I had to do so much reading to understand the technology. Yes I'm glad that the makers of these boards went to the extent of making "easy click" functions in bios to give increase performance but nonetheless, its not nearly as easy as the older "fsb." that I kind of miss when I havnt been into my bios for a month or two.

Best Bang for your buck in the i7 range of boards would be in the 200-300 usd section of boards for sure. The EVGA classified is actually probably the best board in terms of performance, and you're totally right about the Rampage model, really expensive, if you're not doing top tier overclocking its a waste of money.

If I were to build all over again I'd probably go with a vanilla version of a x58 board, not sure which one, Probably from MSI or Gigabyte.

Not going to even go into the fanboy rant of the thread, we all pretty much feel the same.

ok,my bad, i have missed with another mobo ithink,its only for i7 cpus
and here is the cpu support list
sorry i was wrong (just in cpu support)
but it still the best mobo,;-}

You can't claim a mobo is the best when benchmark test show that even cheaper boards can perform even better, not to mention you dont know your mobo's and cpu sockets very well at all, that even a person that knows nothing about the technology could have simply used a google search to find out. If you dont own it along with other x58 motherboards to compare, or havn't at least looked up benchmarks that compare the mobo to other similar mobos(apparently you havn't because I can show you at least 4 reviews that show otherwise) then it clear that you're just a fanboy, and not making this claim off of facts.

There may be an adapter for LGA 775 CPU's to LGA 1366 slot type, although I haven't found one yet. Why anyone would want to use 3 GPU's is beyond me unless they are loaded with money and want 65 FPS average instead of 60 FPS in Crysis. :p i7 is being phased out, so if you want one, better get it within a few months.

There may be an adapter for LGA 775 CPU's to LGA 1366 slot type, although I haven't found one yet. Why anyone would want to use 3 GPU's is beyond me unless they are loaded with money and want 65 FPS average instead of 60 FPS in Crysis. :p i7 is being phased out, so if you want one, better get it within a few months.

Actually i7 isnt being phased out, the i5 and i3 are meant to replace the core 2 duo line, so core 2 duo's and core 2 quads are being phased out.

CPU sockets arent like graphics card slots, pop in an adaptor and now you can use the new cpu, There's never been an adaptor for any socket type, since the p3. Apparently you have read much on the i7 platform.

Take your old socket 478 CPU and put it in your new socket 775

Convert Socket 478 CPUs into Socket 775

this is misleading almost if you're not careful.

How is that electrically possible? The two sockets are completely different in architecture, with the most obvious difference being the fact that the pins on 478 CPUs are on the CPU, as opposed to 775 where they are in the motherboard socket itself.

Actually i7 isnt being phased out, the i5 and i3 are meant to replace the core 2 duo line, so core 2 duo's and core 2 quads are being phased out.

CPU sockets arent like graphics card slots, pop in an adaptor and now you can use the new cpu, There's never been an adaptor for any socket type, since the p3. Apparently you have read much on the i7 platform.

I read that the i7 was being completely phased out on another website forum, perhaps they didn't understand what the news was really about. I said there may be something like that for i7, like the adapter Technochicken posted was what I had in mind. I didn't know for sure if there was something like that and I said that before hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back