The Complete List of Alternatives to All Google Products

For me, firefox with uBlock origin works great on my laptop. It even blocks annoying youtube ads. I'm also using firefox focus on my phone

Perhaps because you would be limited to Pixel phones? idk, just a shot in the dark
Maybe, but it's also ensure a more secure experience with the OS instead of hamstringing or disabling features that a device may not have support for. It's something that should be listed as an option as switching would make the most sense when you're ready to change devices.

I want to use Firefox as my daily driver, but Opera offers more simple but useful features that I will be missing if I move. I always ended up back to Opera.

Maybe, but it's also ensure a more secure experience with the OS instead of hamstringing or disabling features that a device may not have support for. It's something that should be listed as an option as switching would make the most sense when you're ready to change devices.
Not to mention no apps get access to the OS, just a sandboxed version of it that the app thinks it's getting. I use GraphineOS too and agree, it should be on this list. The ironic part is that money needs to go to Google in order to get away from Google, real crap shoot, but really the only option for a phone.

BTW, the 8 Pro is a huge improvement over the 6 and 7 pro phones, and GrapheneOS is already available for it.

Someone bumped (heads) with the google machine and is unhappy, lol... Really could single out Microsoft in the much the same, that is of course unless love Microsoft than its a defend them at all cost(s) much same as google, apple/icloud, each that offers browser, cloud, os, etc...

Thanks , I will look through it in more detail later.
Interesting article - alternatives to Google but dont mention any Microsoft products

Not saying Microsoft doesnt suck data - just not as comprehensively as google. Plus - ... if you dont like google... try all these tiny fish ... but we wont mention any product from a company that might be able to compete

But making it a main point of being a "google alternative" when it doesnt apply to 99% of users is rather pointless.

There is also Aegis Authenticator app (for Android) instead of Authy and Google Authenticator, free and open source: https://getaegis.app/

Also, AndOTP seems unmaintained now (Last update was Jun 14, 2021), this should be noted in the post or removed as an option.

Last edited:
Some decent recommendations, but you missed some of the very best such as GrapheneOS for the hands-down most secure, private, and well maintained alternative Android operating system, open-source Ente Authenticator for 2FA, pCloud for cloud storage, and open-source Cryptomator for file encryption.

Back