The Cornerplay: Apple Watch gets native apps, but we have no idea why

1. Apple has shared a few more details about how the Apple Watch will work -- see here for a good summary. The most interesting part is Apple's intention to enable fully native apps on the watch. This does not necessarily...

Read more
  2. RustyTech

RustyTech TS Guru Posts: 815   +382

Cuz they feel like it?
  3. Rippleman

Rippleman TS Maniac Posts: 520   +139

Anyone not in the Android fanboy club doesn't need a miniature powerhouse computer with 4k resolution in a 5" block of plastic. Basic functionality can be had for very little power and this could be what they are shooting for.
    ikesmasher likes this.
  4. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,526   +828

I would only ever consider a smartwatch (even though thats not saying much, id barely consider it anyway) if it were able to function independently when there wasn't a phone around.

My problem with smartwatches in general is that I already have too many gadgets. Im trying to downsize myself to my phone, normal laptop, and maybe a tablet (with a digitizer for drawing). There really is not a single thing I need a smart watch for and its just another gadget (AND BATTERY) to keep track of,
  5. Rippleman

Rippleman TS Maniac Posts: 520   +139

same here. I see the appeal of what I WANT a watch to be/do, but currently its not technologically possible.. yet! :)
  6. Littleczr

Littleczr TS Addict Posts: 439   +84

I have the iwatch sdk fire up as we speak. I think it's a great idea but a pricey one.