The Dreaded Blue Screen of Death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody,

I'm not a computer wiz by any means, so I really need some help from somebody who might know what they're doing.

I purchased a IFL9225 notebook from Micro Express a few weeks ago, and it has been working great for me until today. I was returning from business in Las Vegas, and I tried to link to the free wi-fi internet that is provided at their airport. I was redirected to the airport's webpage where I had to enter my email address and click "I agree" to their conditions and terms of use. When I clicked the button, the blue screen of death appeared and shut my system down.

I didn't think it was a big deal, and that a simple reboot would solve the problem. Unfortunately, all I got was the blue screen of death every time I tried to reboot. It wouldn't even start in safe mode. I contacted Micro Express, and they said to try to repair Windows XP using my software installation disk. I tried that tonight, but everytime I select to either "Repair" or "Setup" Windows XP, my computer just reboots instead of continuing with the setup process.

I need to go out of town again on Monday, and my computer is absolutely essential!! Any ideas on how I can fix the problem? Thanks!!!

Sounds like either some serious hardware/driver conflict or failure. I would send it back to Micro Express and demand a replacement or a refund.

Rent or buy another laptop for the time being....

You should see some white writing on the BSOD. It's not just a blank blue page. If you can't determine what the message is saying, look for the corresponding Error in the Event Viewer. "try to repair Windows XP using my software installation disk." Most support techs don't know how to troubleshoot- the most expedient way to pacify a customer is to tell them to reformat, reinstall the OS or repair.

IF you can boot into Safe Mose (tapping the F8 key )starting after the logo but before the OS would begin to load, follow this:

Control Panel> Administrative Tools> Event Viewer> Click on System & Apps, one at a time on the left> look for Errors on the right> right click error> Properties> note description of error, Event# and Source.

There is a "copy" button below the up/down arrows. Click that and you can paste (use CTRL-V) the entire event details here.

If you want to paste the Event here, you do not need to include the lines of code that follow the Description- but paste all else. You will be looking for Error that occurs at the time of the problem. Please ignore Warnings.

If you have multiples of the same Event I# with the same Source and the same Description, I only need one copy.

Go with what Z said. This is still under warrenty and I would be very firm about fix or replace with the urgency of how you need it Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back