the dreaded IRQL driver error...need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

illtrixtaj

Alright,

Specs:
Vista Ultimate
AMD X2 3800
Asus A8N-SLI
2GB DDR400 corsair
XFX GF7900GT 256MB

the dump*(edit) file is 130 something kilobytes which is too big to upload here, what should i do to get it up?...because i know its pretty vital to any of you helping me...

(note: in direct x diagnostics it says the card has 520MB of ram...is that a problem? not sure if its related to the BSOD)

Go to C drive > go to Windows Folder > find Minidump Folder and click on said folder. There will be Minidump files within. I usually make a temporary folder on my desktop screen and transfer my Minidumps files for easy access.

When you post back to this thread attach Minidumps like you would any file or document; the best way is to put them in a Zip format if you can, especially if you have a number of them.

thanks, kinda dumb on my part though...hhaha

any help is greatly appreciated, these types of forums are usually A+ when it comes to finding a solution, i hope it holds true here

here are the dump files:

Your minidump points to a hardware error and Ntfs.sys. At this point I suggest doing a harddrive diagnostics to begin.

i have a seagate 320MB .10 harddrive and i ran seatools (diagnostics) in the "long test" option before i installed vista (3 days ago) and it showed no errors. The driver blue screen has been doing it since the installation of vista

Is it an AGP card? I'm guessing it is. Also, FYI Vista has a lot of compatibility issues with NVIDIA and ATi videocards ATM. So I'd suggest using XP instead.

illtrixtaj said:
i have a seagate 320MB .10 harddrive and i ran seatools (diagnostics) in the "long test" option before i installed vista (3 days ago) and it showed no errors. The driver blue screen has been doing it since the installation of vista

Well at least we know it isn't your harddrive.

I've been noticing a lot of people with conflicts between their hardware and Vista. Since you didn't have issues before Vista then I think Vista is your culprit here.

Rage_3K_Moiz may very well have the right idea of re-installing XP. Vista is still so new that it is going to take awhile to get all the "bugs" out.

Rage_3K_Moiz said:
Is it an AGP card? I'm guessing it is. Also, FYI Vista has a lot of compatibility issues with NVIDIA and ATi videocards ATM. So I'd suggest using XP instead.

its PCIe x16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back