The HIS Radeon X1300 512M Graphics Card: Detail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadcell

Hey guys after like 3 weeks of research of looking on the net for a new graphics card to replace my sucky Integrated Intel Media Accelerator in my Dell Demension E310 (I know, not really meant for good gaming) so i could run COD2. Here's the website: http://www.hisdigital.com/html/product_ov.php?id=239&view=yes

I chose this card after buying the VisionTek Radeon 1550 (free shipping on Amazon, woot woot!) and finding it not compatible (It was really PCIe x1)

On the site it says that this card is compatible with DX9, but does this include DX9.0c?? I really need to know b4 buying it (On Newegg.com it's only 97$ yah!) which is pretty nice for a PCIex1 card

PS - I don't need you to tell me all that junk about how my computer isn't meant for gaming and buying a new motherboard/computer is NOT and option just so u know b4 all u guys tell me that!

PS here's my system specs:

Dell Demension E310
Microsoft XP Pro 2000
SATA II Hard Drive
Like 99.99 MgB RAM
Integrated Intel Media Accelerator
Integrated Intel Sound Card
2 PCI and 1 PCIe x1 Slots

Overall: Really sucky sound and graphic cards and not really souped up for anything, but I'm hoping to improve it inexpensively over time (Yeah I'm only 13 yrs old and trying to convince my dad i need this hardware)

If you want to game the X1300 is not the right card. But I understand your problem I was in that problem before. As for you sound, I've used onboard sound with all of my past PCs.

If the driver you use has it it may, not sure. When's the last time you downloaded a DX update? Feb 2007 may be the one if I remember correctly.
here's your card specs:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161017

If you have a PCI slot free you could pick-up a Soundblaster Audigy SE for less than $30 at Walmart. Big improvement for low cost.

Also be aware that X1000 series cards on older Dell systems do not have a good track record working properly or not at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back