The Metaverse: What Is It, and Why Should You Care?

Metaverse is basically an MMO, a virtual world where you get to be policed by corporations such as Facebook, Google and Microsoft, exactly everything you're trying to get away from. Like it started with reality TV and continued with social media, this will be a perfect place for clout chasers to make a name for themselves.

Imagine a gaming universe that is finite in scope. Well take that space and and apply the monopolism and Cronyism all in one with nano transactions via NFTs. Say no to metaverse!

Last edited:
The "wasteaverse" will continue to lower output & productivity and increase the number of screen bound kids that will grow up to be .. nothing. Just another reason Fakebook should be closed down for good.
Nothing screams satisfaction more than a crony like Suckitberger spending billions on something that will fail. Amazon is 3 games in and is anyone talking about The New World anymore? Lol.

I bought an Oculus Quest 2, because it was cheap and I really wanted to play HL: Alyx. It was worth it. I think VR it's a cool gadget for gaming, maybe it has its benefits for some applications. But metaverse is just insane. To make this take center stage in your life and to use it daily to replace real life activities and interactions is a pretty deranged idea.

Apparently 99% of those who have commented so far do not..
The article is written in a fair manner but doesn't mention anything about NFTs and even hardware requirements. Most are not critiquing the article itself but the concept of a online centralized monopolization of a gaming universe that connects the digital world especially when the founder is part of the world economic forum ( and the great reset)
The article does say that there was an increase in people working from home as if they had a choice during the plandemic!
Also does anyone know the cost of a fully immersive virtual experience today? We are at least a decade away before vr technology becomes a cheap commodity for the masses to be able to afford.
Anyone can make a gaming universe in finite scope they are simply attempting to monopolies the space 1st.
Lastly I've seen a video on a meta house via unreal engine 5, do you what the difference between a meta house and a regular house? Nothing but the metahouse is being marketed different for sheep. Meta house via NFTs anyone?

The article is written in a fair manner but doesn't mention anything about NFTs and even hardware requirements. Most are not critiquing the article itself but the concept of a online centralized monopolization of a gaming universe that connects the digital world especially when the founder is part of the world economic forum ( and the great reset)
The article does say that there was an increase in people working from home as if they had a choice during the plandemic!
Also does anyone know the cost of a fully immersive virtual experience today? We are at least a decade away before vr technology becomes a cheap commodity for the masses to be able to afford.
Anyone can make a gaming universe in finite scope they are simply attempting to monopolies the space 1st.
Lastly I've seen a video on a meta house via unreal engine 5, do you what the difference between a meta house and a regular house? Nothing but the metahouse is being marketed different for sheep. Meta house via NFTs anyone?
The article was explaining WHAT the Metaverse was... and why it would become relevant to us... none of the stuff you mentioned needed to be included... and wasn't...

By its very nature, an article like this must be speculative - the topic doesn't actually exist yet!

Bashing it because it doesn't mention a specific point would be like me bashing an author in 1880 on "What will cars be like" because he didn't mention the environmental cost of an internal combustion engine...

The article was explaining WHAT the Metaverse was... and why it would become relevant to us... none of the stuff you mentioned needed to be included... and wasn't...

By its very nature, an article like this must be speculative - the topic doesn't actually exist yet!

Bashing it because it doesn't mention a specific point would be like me bashing an author in 1880 on "What will cars be like" because he didn't mention the environmental cost of an internal combustion engine...
in the 1880s they didn't know the environmental cost would be. We can be bias against criticism or we can address those concerns head on. If I strongly believe in something I don't try to belittle the criticism but attempt to teach those a different perspective. Lastly we are not in the 1880s and the criticism is warranted always!

No thanks to Zuck the Cuck! I'll stick with the REAL WORLD. This will used as a tool to manipulate the minds of the ignorant just like the MSM.

Yes... but we aren't talking about cars either... you do know what a metaphor is, right?

It's hard to criticize something that doesn't actually exist yet...
Actually if you read the article there are current online worlds mentioned in the article. Update if something doesn't exist that means its in a concept stage, Last I checked concept can be criticized by helping mitigate billions in losses!

Metaverse is great idea, but only if that would be a free space, not belonged to any corpo
I agree that a single point of ownership would be the death of the Metaverse. I touch on that in the article.
I doesn't belong to anyone yet, and hopefully we can keep it that way.

Back