The new AMD Phenom

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameJunkie72792

I was searching around and i stumbled across the AMD Phenom Quad-Core awesomeness.

I noticed it is shipping in the UK already for 166.66UK. Its not set for release here in the U.S. Until early 2008.

I was mainly wondering if i could acquire one from the UK would it like our AM2 Mobos?(in other words would our AM2 mobos run a Phenom, if it only runs up to a FX) Or should i not risk it and just wait until its released here.

I can get one before christmas because i have friends over there who would order it and ship it to me all i would do is repay them. So would it be worth it? Or should i get the CPU and a Mobo (that specifically says it runs the Phenom)from the UK too? Or i could just wait, but i really dont want too :p

EDIT*** Overclockersclub has 10+ in stock too :D

I've heard that it's performance compared to the intel is not worth it. I think its better to wait until they release the Phenom FX, which the review said around early next year.

The AMD Phenom will work on some AM2 motherboards. It would be best to take a look at your motherboard manufacturer, look for the latest BIOS & see if they mention anything about support for Phenom processors. They also sometimes have a CPU support page which can inform you on which CPUs will work on which motherboard maybe even the board revisions & BIOS versions that will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back