The PlayStation Vita ships worldwide, reviewed

Home button + analog stick + a touch sensitive back (which Sony doesn't have a patent for) added to iPhone 5 and Vita is dead.

That's all well and good, but it CAN'T run Crysis. At least, not to the standard it was hyped up to. I remember being told of the epic hardware it'll run on, which will give better graphics than PS3.

And tbh, with the screen pixels and 5hr battery life, and the hardware in it.. I'm sadly surprised.

I am just going to wait for more games to come out.

And it's sad that I usually play my psp or nds when I am on a flight.

IPad gaming be damned.

My bro preodered it and got it yesterday and as been on it ever since. The controls are top notch and he really enjoys playing football on it. He has an ipad and iphone so only time will tell if this new found love will last.
I personally think that it has a lot of positives going for it compared to the tablets and phones. Hardware buttons, Dual analog sticks, nice Oled screen and a decent battery life make it a good choice for gamers. Hopefully developers will back up the device with new good titles.

As I've said in a past post, If Sony can get some really great titles on the PS Vita then, and only then, will i consider purchasing this machine, At the moment, all the reviews for the games are not really very good.

Lower the price to £180 and give me some good games, I will there more than likely :)

spydercanopus said:
Home button + analog stick + a touch sensitive back (which Sony doesn't have a patent for) added to iPhone 5 and Vita is dead.
...If you look at the specifications for this device, it blows an iphone5 (which currently isnt even available due to lack of innovation and laziness on apples part) out of the water and any other phone including tablets. i think its a great job what sony has done with the vita except it would of been awesome to connect to your tv.

Considering getting one of these just not right away, going to wait for more games and maybe price drop, which would probably be in time for next Christmas season. And for the idea of connecting this thing to a TV, that wouldn't be all that difficult, just might require a WIDI equipped TV or maybe stream through a PS3. That would make it that much more interesting.

If monster hunter, metal gear, and possibly some good RPGS get released, i will order one in a heartbeat. More in particular, monster hunter. I WILL SELL MY SOUL FOR A NEW MONSTER HUNTER!

Sony you burned me on the PSP so it's not gonna happen again. I will stick with my Smart phone for mobile gaming..Thanks.

If they had gone with a standard memory format, and a replaceable battery option, I probably would have jumped on the Vita right away... Those advantages would have helped negate the lack of backwards compatibility with my UMD collection of games, and the fact that Sony killed the upgrade program that Japan got, and the absence of external video connection options... Lack of compatibility with my current PSP games was close to a deal breaker, but the ridiculously expensive memory cards needed to store any games I want to play pushed me right off the fence. I'll wait till prices drop, or improvements are made that tip my "worth the money" scales back to positive.

Wow, an actual enjoyable review to read (about anything.)

Even though Sony had me already at "Two analogue sticks"

The 'Near' command sounds like they have Big Brother tracking turned on at all times. And they are more than willing to share.

"Home button + analog stick + a touch sensitive back (which Sony doesn't have a patent for) added to iPhone 5 and Vita is dead. "

another 15 year old iPhone boy.

Back