The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellokitty[hk]

I have a kingston 8GB microSD, i thought it was dead, but that was just my adapter, so now i have a new one. I am using a MicroSD -> SD -> SD USB reader.

When i stick it in, the device appears empty, i have to pull the MicroSD and SD adapter and reinsert them back into the USB reader for it to be recognized.
After my computer recognizes it, If i go to my computer in windows explore, it lags for a while if i right click or double click on the drive. After that, i can't access it at all, a little while later (regardless of weather the SD lock is on or off) i get:

M:\ is not accessible.

The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.

I have tried various formating utilities, some tend to crash, and i think the microSD has actually caused a couple BSOD's.

Im wondering if anybody has a solution, or some good format utilities to try. I am not to determined because it is an Asian (no offence!) brand, and they tend to not last long. I am also planning on replacing it with a 4gb version for better compatibility.

Running WinXP SP3, same thing seems to happen if I am on Win7, just without the error, explorer just kinda freezes if i try to access it, i haven't spent much time waiting.

EDIT:
If it helps, DS lite's with M3's do recognize and allow me to load a few pictures i managed to get on before this started happening (a few days after i got it and before my SD adapter died), but if i try a game it just doesn't load, or just takes longer than i have waited, about 30 mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back