The same old problem with the black screen video card

By Artemiskun
Jan 25, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hey guys, I've been searching recently and I found that thread.

My problem is kinda the same: My video card (GeForce GTX 550 ti) doesn't work. It IS functioning (its cooler is always on) but it isn't showing any image, just a black screen.

My motherboard (yup, I'm brazilian. Hope you guys understand what's on the page with the help of Google Translator or something like that) is one of the poorest I've ever seen. I totally regret buying it in 2011 - but it was so cheap =3.

I have one more problem: I haven't bought a real power supply yet. I'm with a nominal one (300W) and NVidia tells me that the minimum requirement of W's is 400.

My question is: Will I have to buy a new MB to get my video card running? (I'm probably going to buy a whole new Desktop Computer already with GeForce 600 Series if there's no saving to my actual MB)
  2. Cinders

Cinders TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,313   +12

UM you'll need a new quality power supply and have you moved the video cable to the new video card?
  3. Artemiskun

Artemiskun Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Yes, I did moved the cable to the video card.

Do you think that if I just buy a new quality PS I will fix this problem? .-.
  4. nissanman

nissanman TechSpot Maniac Posts: 362

5. Cinders

Cinders TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,313   +12

I can't say for sure if a new power supply will completely fix the issue. Sorry :(
  6. Rabbit01

Rabbit01 TechSpot Booster Posts: 890   +39

Looking at PCWARE's site, looks like the board has integrated video (VGA output). Perhaps that needs to be disabled?
  7. nissanman

Regardless if the power supply is the main cause of his problem or not, he definitely needs a new one. There is no way a generic 300 watt psu will power a 550ti correctly.
  8. Artemiskun

Oh thank you guys! This thread helped me a lot! I've just bought a new PS and it's all working correctly!
  9. nissanman

That's great. Glad it is now working as it should :)

Just out of curiosity, what PSU did you get?
  10. Artemiskun

Man, I bought from a store near my house. It is a Real PS and haves 450 of disponible Watts. Does it answer you?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.