The Sims 2 DirectX 9.0c problem

By amandagetdead
Jun 16, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yes i know there are millions of other people having the same problem, but i thought it would be more useful dishing out my own grpahics cards and computer and such.

this error says..."Failed to enumerate any DirectX 9 compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9 compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest manufacturer provided driver. The application will now terminate..."

my system information:
    Make/Model : Dell Dimension 3000
    Processor/Speed: Intel(r) celeron(r) CPU 2.66GHz
    Memory Amount: 512MB RAM
    DirectX: Directx 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

my display information:
    Video Card Name: Intel(r) 82865G graphics controller
    Video Card amount of Memory: 96.0MB

I've read the system requirments, and i pass everything. i even free'd some GBs by deleting programs. i have 512mb of RAM aswell.

The games worked on this computer a while ago, but i've reformatted once or twice. prehaps that is the problem.

i'm semi-stupid when it comes to computers, so if you could please just tell me what it is i need to do, what drivers to install etc. i'll be very happy. thanks.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.