The Sims 2: Directx 9 compatible error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so after looking for hours to a answer to this question I still have found none. Most of the people on the forums (here) that asked the question got answers back saying their rig was obsolete and they needed a new graphics card.
I run the Sims 2 and I get this:
"Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate." hundreds of people get this error and none of them get a straight answer.
This is the same copy of the sims 2 I have on my other old gaming computer sitting on the opposite end of my desk which worked in the past it is a real retail version I bought not a pirated ISO.
I downloaded directx 9 it says I have the latest version. Going to the nvidia website they say I have the latest version of my graphics card driver. So...
Is there a solution to this problem? I emailed Maxis about this I dont know when they are going to get back to me. I attached my dxdiag. I would hate to think that after all this money I spent my gaming computer is incapable of running a game, when as of now it can run everything maxed.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    53.8 KB · Views: 19
See if changing the compatibility mode to an earlier operating system helps, say Windows XP. Also, make sure you install all applicable game patches.

Sims 2

Hi there did you get your game to work i had the exact same problem im not sure why its not running though if you have updated the drivers to the latest one, I had a standard ATI driver in my motherboard and had to update it. You should run your direct x diagnosis and see if your computer has actually registered the fact that you have the latest direct x 9 cause i thought i had it and it turned out my computer was still running on 5!Dont know how that happend but there are two websites i downloaded from, if you email me i'll let you know what they are, for some reason this site wont let me post them on here

My fix..

I don't know if this will solve your problem, but it solved mine.

Are you using a No-CD fix by any chance? Because if you are, you may not have installed it right and it's probably the cause of your problems. If you're not using one, then try using a no-cd crack anyway.

Make sure that you go use the crack for your LATEST expansion and also make sure it's installed correctly.

For example, my latest ep is Bon Voyage. So I use the Bon Voyage cd-crack.

First you want to go to: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Bon Voyage\TSBin and locate the Sims2EP6.exe file.

Next copy that file and paste it somewhere else (you'll need it later when you try to install another ep or stuff pack)

Now go back to the TSBin and delete the Sims2EP6 file, and replace it with the cd-crack exe.

Create a shortcut on your desktop to the new exe.

The run the game from the shortcut.

That should work. (Worked for me)

My no-cd fix came with my game download, but I'm sure if you do a google search, you'll find one.

I hope this helped.

go to Control Panel -> Display -> Settings -> Advanced -> Troubleshoot .
I then set "Hardware Acceleration" to "Full" .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back