The Sims 2 Double Deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can not get The Sims 2 Double Deluxe to show up on my PC, the DVD rom just will not even realize it is there. I click on the DVD rom only to get my CPU to freeze or to tell me to insert disk.
I have Sims 2, Freetime and Pets, all work splendly.
The things I have tried
1. returned it and got a new disk three time total now
2. uninstalled the whole program (including original) and reloaded with doing Double deluxe first (yes I deleted all the old backup files on Registry Editor.)
3. I did a total disk clean, defrag, and scan disk, and repeated 2.
4. Tried to install on brothers CPU to see if it was mine that was the issue
5. bough Freetime limited collection with bonus deluxe disk in bundle
all of witch gave the same result. the only diffidence was that freetime, Pets and the original Sims 2 disk I own work perfectly and the Deluxe disks and Double deluxe do not.
I have added my CPU specs in a attachment, so you can see them.

Any help would be appreciated.
Teardra

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    36.3 KB · Views: 9
Okay, so i have the same problem! oh. my. gosh. i have...
A. returned it FOUR times and none work
B. emailed and bugged the people at EA and the sims 2 people
C. had a computer guy come and look at it
no one knows whats wrong but im not the only one having this problem?
what computer year/type do you have? could it be out computers? mine is a Dell Windows XP dimension 4500 and i think i got it in 2001?
~Krea

I have Windows XP home Edition Version 2002,
Intel Celeron CPU 2.66GHz and 512MB of RAM
and I have been upgrading off and on for about the last 2 years. The Sims tech said it had someting to do with the fact of my DVD rom. Witch I think is blonly. I turned to this site for help.
I gave my system stats already if you wish to look at the attached document. Its titled dxdiag. I left it for that very reason for others to see it and hopefuly find my problem.
Nice to know that I am not the only one thow.

Tiffany

I installed the complete sims collection, but instead of needing triple deluxe 1 to play, it instead needs makin' magic to work! also, when i open a lot, it merges with the previous screen and refuses to work. please help.

There is not Makin' Magic yet for Sims 2. We are talking about Sims 2 Double Deluxe, and Sims 2 Deluxe. It will not install on our cpu's to spite having DVD roms. We are a bit mistified by how that could happen.
I have Sims 2 orginal, Sims 2 University, Sims 2 Pets, Sims 2 Free Time, Sims 2 Celbration stuff, and all downloaded just fine, but this new DVDCD is killing us on how to get it to download. (I bought Celbration stuff after I relized it would not download thew deluxe).
So if anyone has any answers why a DVDCD will not work on a dvd rom I am open for suggestions.

Tiffany

There is not Makin' Magic yet for Sims 2. We are talking about Sims 2 Double Deluxe, and Sims 2 Deluxe. It will not install on our cpu's to spite having DVD roms. We are a bit mistified by how that could happen.
I have Sims 2 orginal, Sims 2 University, Sims 2 Pets, Sims 2 Free Time, Sims 2 Celbration stuff, and all downloaded just fine, but this new DVDCD is killing us on how to get it to download. (I bought Celbration stuff after I relized it would not download thew deluxe).
So if anyone has any answers why a DVDCD will not work on a dvd rom I am open for suggestions.

Tiffany

Take it badk to the store you bought the CD from and get exchanged to another one. Lots of these CD and DVDs are mass produce and sometime they get defective. I was going to suggest to transfer the CD using an free ISO program then expand that on to you HDD then install the program that way but, if the original was a bad clone copy then it won't work with errors on the disc.

Also if you think it's not the DISC and it's the DVD/CD device, you can go to any store that sells blank media and buy a DVD/CD cleaner which is really a disc with tiny brushes on each side. Just run that a few times to clean the dust out. Also just to let you know that these devices do go back after so many times of usage. 3 to 4 years depending how you use them. Easy to replace the unit, but only if you have space to work in there with. Otherwise take it to a professional.

I have replaced it 3 times to see if that was the issue with no avil. Even decided to go by a expansion pack that was not deluxe to see if that was the issue was the newer Sims 2 programs. Free time installed wonderfuly. I tried anther CPU that was in the house, same problem with that disk set.
Allthow when I look at the case the Deluxe sets have PC DVD-ROM wile the other sims 2 games say PC CD on them. EA games told me it was my CPU when I wrote them, after replacing my game 3 times once thew the retail store and once thew them.
I was wondering if there is some program I am missing or something? I can play DVD's just fine just fine.

What am I going to do with this problem?

this dialog box opens when the installation process is about 60%

"A problem occured when trying to transfer the file 'E:\Base\TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods\N003\Characters\N003_User00000.package' from the media.

I have had this same issue, and I have tried to fix nearly everything on my computer. I have also, like you guys, have returned the game to get a new one, and it still will not work.

You could try posting on the MTS2 board.

How about if you remove your downloads folder and trying it? I'd definitley remove any hacks I had, that might help.

this dialog box opens when the installation process is about 60%

"A problem occured when trying to transfer the file 'E:\Base\TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods\N003\Characters\N003_User00000.package' from the media.

Some kind of hack or sim in your neighborhood 3. That's Veronaville or something like that? You could try to remove that neighborhood. Or go into your game and check out the houses and sims in that neighborhood. Sometimes it's stuff you've downloaded that's conflicting.

I'm not an expert by any means but I've played a while and had my share of issues.
Also try deleting the groups cache file in your sims folder. It'll generate a new one but sometimes when my game won't load, I delete that and it works.

Good luck!

Tiffany

Re-reading this, I'm not sure what the double deluxe is adding that you don't already have. Double Deluxe contains The Sims™ 2, The Sims™ 2 Nightlife Expansion Pack, The Sims™ 2 Celebration Stuff Pack, plus a bonus DVD. The only thing the the double deluxe is adding that you don't have is the bonus dvd.
Maybe you're having a problem installing because the games are already installed on your computer?

Do you have patches installed?

You could uninstall then do a fresh install with Double deluxe then add some of the expansions back in. Personally, I wouldn't do this because you already have a game that's working. Can you purchase the bonus DVD separately?
Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back