TechSpot

The Sims 2 - Failed to find any directx 9.0c compatible graphics adaptors

By GeekFairy
Jun 2, 2009
  1. I recently installed The Sims 2 on my old laptop, and I received this message:

"Failed to find any directx 9.0c compatible graphics adaptors in this system. Make sure you have direct x 9.0c compatible graphics adaptor and you have installed the latest drivers provided by your manufacturer."

Now, PLEASE NOTE: I HAVE played The Sims 2 successfully on this computer before!!! It worked perfectly before, but I ended up uninstalling the game. Now about a year later, I'm getting this message. I've installed the latest version of DirectX and I've followed several guides including the one on this forum.

System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
    System Model: Pavilion ze4600 (DS518U)
    Processor: mobile AMD Athlon(tm) XP2500+, ~1.9GHz
    Memory: 190MB RAM
    Page file: 134MB used, 331MB available
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c(4.09.0000.0904)

Now, when I go to the Display tab, it doesn't tell me anything about my video card.

Name:
    Manufacturer: n/a
    Approx. Total Memory: n/a

and etcetera. What does this mean? Do I need to download some kind of video driver? Again, I've PLAYED TS2 ON THIS COMPUTER BEFORE, so I know it's possible on this computer - but I don't know why it's not working now.

I heard something about game patches, but I don't know what to look for - can someone perhaps provide me with links to what I need to download, or what I should type into google?

Thank you!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.